EFFECTS OF FISH CONSUMPTION ON THE HUMAN BODY
Nutritional value of fish protein has a value comparable to that of animal protein. Depending on the species of fish consumed the amount of protein ranges from 6% up to 24%. Our body assimilates this protein in about 97%. This component cannot be stored. Therefore we need to provide it on a daily basis. What is more, fish are an excellent source of vitamins and minerals. However, a more important component for our body, which amount is determined by species, is fat. Its content ranges from 0.7% (fresh cod) up to about 24% (eel).
Eating fish is one of the best ways to maintain perfect health. Therefore, physicians, dieticians, nutritionists recommend eating 100-200 g of fish at least 2 times a week. Omega-3 fatty acids act like an umbrella, which protects a person against different diseases and strengthens the body. They have a particularly positive effect on cardiovascular and nervous systems.
Permanent introduction of fish into our menu:
– Reduces the risk of a heart attack, atherosclerosis, stroke and cardiac arrhythmia. By lowering blood pressure and the level of “bad” cholesterol, fish has a positive influence on the circulatory system and reduces the risk of venous thrombosis.
– They are a source of easily digestible protein of high nutritional value and an amino acid composition similar to meat. Fish can be successfully substituted for pork or beef.
– Reduces the risk of cancer.
– The content of vitamins A, D and E and polyunsaturated fatty acids Omega 3 and 6 strengthens the immune system, inhibit cancer cell growth and prevents the formation of free radicals (responsible for damaging nerve tissues and reduction of the efficiency of the immune system).
– Improves our memory and concentration, and increases intelligence. By delivering “building material” for our brain, we increase the amount of gray matter in the cerebral cortex. Eating fish is especially important for children, whose brains develop the most intensively.
– It improves mood and has an anti-depressing effect. Omega-3 fatty acids improve blood supply to the brain and increase the amount of serotonin (hormone of happiness). They mitigate symptoms of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in children.
– Has an anti-inflammatory effect due to which it reduces rheumatic pain and protects joints.
– Has a positive effect on eyesight and prevents eye diseases (fatty acids are a building component of cell membranes).
– Promotes healthy development of the body thanks to the richness of vitamins and minerals.
– Reduces wrinkles and has a positive effect on our skin, hair and nails.